About this site:
This site is designed to help general veterinary practitioners disseminate behavior-related content to their clients to assist pet owners in understanding, managing and even improving their relationship with their dog. Each “bit” is approximately 3 – 5 minutes in length.
To help educate pet owners about the behavior content provided on this site, feel free to share the content on your clinic’s social media platform by clicking on the icon associated with that post. Should you have any questions or issues with sharing this content, please reach out with the form below.
The information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical disease. Always contact you veterinary practitioner if you suspect your dog has medical condition. Should the content on this site prompt further questions about your dog’s behavior, please speak directly with your veterinarian.
About the Experts:
Animal Behavior Wellness Center has two office locations in Virginia; dedicated to the mental and emotional well-being of animal patients.
Boarded veterinary behaviorist Dr. Amy Pike and her team have been caring for patients for well over 20 years. She is the co-owner of Animal Behavior Wellness Center (with Dr. Amy Learn), and sees pets with behavior disorders that range from mild fears to extreme aggression, compulsive disorders and panic disorders. As her influence grows, she is continuously working to expand prevention services with her support staff by providing socialization classes and patient handling workshops for other veterinary professionals. To learn more about Dr. Pike and her services, visit her web site here: https://www.abwellnesscenter.com/.
The helpful, educational videos shared on this site are from members of her team, located in Fairfax, VA.
Dr. Debra F Horwitz graduated from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Her other accomplishments and credentials include:
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- Frequent lecturer in both North America and abroad
- Her newest Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Canine and Feline Behavior 2nd edition was published in January 2018
- Author and editor of several books, including ISFM’s Feline Stress and Health (2016) and Feline Behavioral Health and Welfare (Rodan & Heath 2016)
- Her other books include the BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Behavioural Medicine 1st and 2nd editions, and co-author of the Lifelearn Behavior Client Handouts
- The lead editor of a book for pet owners authored by diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists Decoding your Dog published in January 2014
- Co-editor of a book for pet owners authored by diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists Decoding your Cat published in July 2020.
- Past president of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists, 2006-2008
- 2012 recipient of the Veterinarian of the Year
- NAVC 2012 and NAVC 2014 Small Animal Speaker of the Year
Reach out to Us!
Use the form below if you have any questions or issues with sharing this content.